The purpose of CaseNotes is to provide a single lightweight application program to run on the Microsoft Windows platform to allow forensic analysts and examiners of any discipline to securely record their contemporaneous notes electronically.
Features and functionality
- Flexible configuration of case metadata (case details, like the reference number, etc.)
- Secure “write-once, read-many” style of case note data capture
- Full audit trail of case note data entry and metadata edits in a self-contained log
- Tamper evident storage of data using internal MD5 hashes for all data entered
- No use of heavy database technologies – all you need is the program and your case file
- Use of AES 512bit encryption (optional) to further secure data in sensitive cases
- Storage of configuration information in a user editable text-based .ini file
- Support for running multiple copies of CaseNotes at the same time
- Tested and works in languages other than English (Japanese, Russian, Greek, Italian, …)
- Supports changing time zones and any standard Windows date or time format
- Tested on Windows XP, Server 2003, Windows Vista & Win7. (sorry if you use a Mac).
- It’s free! That means no dongles and no restrictions on how many copies you use!
Click to download CaseNotes.